Sunday, August 18, 2013

Hello Again

And the decades disappear like sinking ships, but we preserver. God gives us hope, but we still fear what we don't know. The mind is poison.
~ A Dustland Fairytale ~ The Killers ~


Okay, so I know I have like 5 different almost done posts, but it won't let me open them, so I am just starting from scratch. I was going to blog every month this summer, but that was kind of a no go, so here I am to end the summer with a post.
So big highlights of the summer are life guarding and swim camp, but it has actually been an exciting summer over all. I should go in order of importance or chronologically, but I think I will start with what is the biggest deal to me right now: Nick!
Before you get thinking I have a new boyfriend or something, let me explain. Nick was in my lifeguard certification class. When I heard his name I recognized it from when I was little, because we were neighbors. So I have a good memory of that and remembered him, but he had absolutely no idea who I was. So I talked to him a little and told Allie I thought he was cute, and she agreed to ask his friend to be her partner for practicing head splint spinals and I got to be with Nick. And after lifeguard certification we didn't really talk. UNTIL NOW!! Okay, fine, so we still haven't talked, but we have a date this week and I am so psyched for it!!! Here's what happened:
Last week when Allie and I were working the same shift, we happened to somehow get to the topic of who was a better friend. (Not in the girly, "No, you are a better friend!Oh stop it you are so much better"kind of way, more of in the, "Well I went to swim camp just for you, so therefore I am a better friend" kind of way.) So after we were done arguing we went to Danny's (a fast food restaurant) and kinda forgot about it. 
Later last week Allie and her guy friend Andy were hanging out, "prank" texting people from each other's phone. So Andy told Allie to text Nick and about hanging out on Thursday. So Nick said yeah, and Allie asked Andy if we (she and I) could come. So Nick said that we should just make it a double date. And instead of being last Thursday it is now some other day this week. But to bring the story back around, Allie is now winning the better friend contest for now. Because I really think this kid is cute and I almost (okay, maybe I did) shrieked with excitement when I heard about it (quietly of course, because you can't just scream in excitement at work). So do you want to hear about Nick? I think you do. He is tall (I would say definitely over 6'), shaggy brown hair, brown eyes, kinda buff but not like body builder (but he looks fit), super super shy, quiet, and he makes a really funny face when he holds his breath. Also he is patient, because the head splint spinal that I got to do with him took me forever to get, so he kept being patient after Allie had enough of me not figuring it out. (For the record though, it is actually one of the easiest saves.)
So I am thrilled about the idea of a date with him, and Allie is nice to set it up, because I know she may not be the most enthusiastic about going on another date with Andy. (They have gone out a few times and he really likes her, but it is a one sided thing.) I can hardly contain my excitement!! ...Except they are taking forever to plan the date, so what if it never happens?! What if I don't get to go on a date with Nick?! Well, either way, he is on the Dart swim team (Which practices with my team, the Lancers, for high school swim), so I guess I will still see him.

See, I get half way done with a post, then I begin to bore myself! How am I ever going to finish this?!

Okay, so going to Danny's is something I like to do with my friends after work sometimes, like going with different friends depending on who I work with. (I think the cashier there is starting to recognize me and knows what I am going to order now...) But last night I went with Allie and Shelby. And that is why I am blogging again, because they told me to. It was kind of funny and they read about themselves in my last post. Allie laughed when she figured out who "Ryan" was in my last post without even having to think very hard. Shelby got hair extensions, which are nice, but I actually love her hair short too. Allie got puppies, but then she had to give them away. 

Oh! I am going to the Big A** Concert this Saturday!! I am looking forward to it a lot! I am going to it with Allie and (Crap forgot my fake name for this friend...) Fae. Fae is on the track team and loves Panic! at the Disco, just like me. We had a .. misunderstanding.. earlier this year, but we are great friends again now. So I don't really know what else to say at the moment, so I will leave you. But first, listen to this song, even if you have already heard it. I love it. It is a great song, but actually listen, don't be shallow.


P.S. There is a guy at work, who is friends with Allie. He is a perv. That is his name to me, and yesterday he was talking about his parents' names and I burst out laughing, hysterically. I think he thought I was rude, until I said I was laughing because I already knew their names.... now he thinks I am creepy and stalk him. Moral of the story: Don't tell people when you have been stalking them on face book and if you think you might start laughing go away or come up with a really funny joke and pretend you just remembered it.

"leave your legacy in plaques that line the halls. hey shut up, hey shut up" Sorry, last quote (Andy you're a Star. The Killers) "Andy you're a star. In nobody's eyes but mine."   


"Ready to roll into something new?
It's taking its toll and I'm leaving without you
Cuz heaven ain't close in a place like this,
 I said, 'Heaven ain't close in a place like this'
Bring it back down, bring it back down tonight,
I never thought I'd let a rumor ruin my moonlight, 
well somebody told me that you had a boyfriend
who looked like a girlfriend,
 that I had in February of last year
It's not confidential, I've got potential
rushin' around rushin' around ...
 When all I want to do is try
Well somebody told me...."
Hahahahaha Totally just lied to you. But now I am done



No comments:

Post a Comment