Sunday, August 25, 2013

School is Starting (2013)

"Be the change or get beat by the change"

So school starts tomorrow. I am not very excited for some reason, but I hope I will get excited tomorrow. This year is going to be great and swimming is going to be phenomenal. My day will be busy because I have to work though. I am excited to be doing so many things this year. So now onto highlights of the summer (that I can think of right now):

Kitty: Obviously this is not his name, but it suits him well. He works with me and is crazy, and obsessed with cats. He is really funny and Allie used to have a crush on him. He has an afro, but is really white. He is one of the only old guards who started out being nice to me, well nice isn't the right word, but he didn't look down on me and has been my friend. I am a little bit too mean to him on occasion though, so I should probably be nicer. But I think he likes my meanness and sarcastic-ness, because he always says I was his favorite shadow guard. (A shadow guard is someone who is going to be a lifeguard, but you have to "shadow" for 6 days. Shadowing means you get assigned to follow around one of the older guards for a shift and they mentor you. He was the third person I "shadowed" and way by far the funniest.) I usually just call him Perv, but I didn't want to put that as his name, because then you would just assume he is a pervert, but it is just an inside joke between us about how he is probably a perv. He calls me a perv too, but not as often as I call him one.

One of my supervisors, during a swim party I was lifeguarding at, told me to hide inside a garbage bag and jump out when one of my coworkers walked past to scare her. It worked, and my supervisor also scared me in the same way before that.

I went to the Big A** Show yesterday! It was a concert and it had bands like Panic! at the disco, Blue October, Capital Cities, Brogan Kelby, The Airborne Toxic Event, Pepper, and a few other bands. It was a lot of fun and I got to go in the mosh pit, which was an intense experience. I went with Allie and Fae. They were cool and I am glad I went with the two if them.

I have worked most of this summer. As a lifeguard (if you missed that part) at the pool I swim at for swim team.

I ran out of Danny's (which is not fake blog name of Denny's in case you were wondering.) on Friday this week and tried to  knock on Steven's truck window when he went through the drive thru, but his window was rolled down, so I almost punched him in the face. Then I laughed a lot while him, the guy in the passenger side of his truck, the girl at the drive thru window, and Shelby all stared at me. It was pretty funny, which I made sure to tell them all. And afterward Shelby told me Steven was on a date, but when I texted him to say sorry he said it was actually a guy (with long hair and a girly shirt Shelby tells me, I didn't actually see the guy, I am taking Shelby's word for it on his facial expression when I came up to the truck too, because I didn't actually see him.)

I went to Lake Powell, and Rae and I actually didn't fight, but we didn't really talk at all, so there was no time to fight. I also went to Swim Camp at BYU with Allie (which I think I kind of blogged about). I went down to Orem to visit my grandparents and their new house, my little sisters stayed overnight, but I had work so I couldn't.

Charlie: She is a girl I work with who has long blonde hair. She is really nice, but a lot of lifeguards find fault with her scanning the pool because she misses a lot sometimes. She can get on my nerves, and I have judged her for not noticing what is going on in the pool sometimes, but she is really a nice girl.
 As a twist in this story though, she made out with the guy who Shelby was going out with for a lot of the year. I can't remember what I made his name on my blog, but he is pretty cool. He wanted to meet my parents once, and he has given me a few rides, and he gives awesome hugs. I would never like him, but on Valentine's Day, the day of the swim banquet, (when I found out that I didn't letter and that Jake was leading me on and actually had a girlfriend) I was really upset and trying not to cry and he came up to me and, even when I said I didn't want a hug, he hugged me anyways and spun me around. It made me happy, so I made sure to hold it together until I got home. So even though we never talk, and he avoids me, I really think he is a good friend for that. And because when I decided to fast one day during the school year when I was taking steroids I started shaking and he let me use his jacket so I wouldn't be so cold. And once he stole my letterman jacket and hid in the boys bathroom. So basically, he is pretty cool, and I still think of him as a friend, even if he doesn't think of me as one. But don't get me wrong here, I would never like him. He is kind of like that one gay friend who is so fun to be around and so funny and nice, but you would never have a crush on him in a million years. Because the thought of him being anything besides a friend is disgusting, but not having a friend that randomly hugs you when you are having a bad day is kind of a depressing thought. (The hugging me when I was sad happened a lot, not just at the swim banquet.)

Also, a girl who I work with texted me one day when I was on-call, and asked me to switch her so she was on-call and I was working. I didn't want to, but then she told me she just found out she was lactose intolerant and ate something that made her sick, so I took it. Everyone at work thought I was crazy because they didn't see that as a good excuse, but being lactose intolerant myself I thought it was. So I took it, and she got more sick, so I would have been called in anyways. Then she took my shift for the Big A** Show, so we are friends now. She called Shelby a rude name, but she has been nice to me and, as far as I know, has been nice to everyone besides when she called Shelby a name.

That is all I can really think of right now, so ta-ta for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment